SubDAO Development Update- Q3
SubDAO Beta 1.0 has completed deployment on four main networks, including Ethereum and Polygon. The current Beta 1.0 version integrates with third-party web3 protocols, including UniSwap, AAVE, Wallet Connect, QuickSwap, PancakeSwap. Third-party protocols support DAO’s token trading and decentralized lending capabilities. At the same time, Wallet Connect will allow DAO to connect using any Web3 protocol under the same network (supports all web3 protocols that do not require wallet signature login) to realize DAO interaction with the Web3 protocols.
II. Q3 Technical Updates
- Completed Ethereum mainnet deployment
- Completed deployment of Polygon master network
- Completed integration of QuickSwap protocol
- Completed deployment of BNBChain mainnet
- Completed the integration of PancakeSwap protocol
- Completed deployment of Moonbeam mainnet
- Completed the development and optimization of SubDAO data backend
- Optimized Uniswap protocol-related functions and UI experience
- Completed the integration of the AAVE protocol. Currently, SubDAO Beta 1.0 Ethereum version already supports the AAVE protocol-related lending function, allowing DAO funds to perform lending through AAVE.
- Completed the addition of SubDAO’s multi-signature wallet system. The current version includes a “voting system” and a “multi-signature system.” The multi-signature system is mainly used to support the interaction between DAO and Wallet Connect protocol.
- Optimized the relevant functions of the Wallet Connect protocol. Users can use any third-party Web3 protocol under the same network that does not require a wallet signature to log in through the Wallet Connect connection.
- Completed and passed the SubDAO smart contract audit. This audit was carried out by SlowMist Technology, with a total of about 6,000 lines of code audited, including multiple smart contract components of SubDAO.
- Optimized the smart contract for creating DAO, merging two signatures into one
- Optimized the front-end interaction of voting-related functions
- Optimize the front-end display of DAO treasury assets
- The Graph contract index service is switched to The Graph’s decentralized network
- More bug fixes on smart contracts, not to mention here
III. Community Events
- On July 3rd, we selected frequently asked questions from SubDAO social media and answered them in a Know More About SubDAO and DAO article.
- On July 24th, with the community, we explored some of the DAO’s frequently asked questions and their answers, questions about their membership model, how the DAO manages assets in its treasury, and more.
- On July 30th, we expounded on the importance of the decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) to the game ecosystem (GameFi)
- On August 6th, we organized and shared some excellent tools for the community, which make DAO management more smooth and more efficient. The role of tools is reflected in fund management, on-chain governance, off-chain communication, etc.
- On August 10th, SlowMist Technology completed and passed the contract code audit of SubDAO Protocol and Ventures DAO Template, and all contract risks in the audit were successfully repaired. Link:https://subdao.medium.com/subdao-has-been-successfully-audited-by-slowmist-a6e14ded6650
- On August 22nd, SubDAO added a new column to bring users the latest developments in the DAO world.
Link: https://subdao.medium.com/subdao-news-bi-weekly-update-on-the-world- of-daos-8a7833135473
- On August 29th, SubDAO released a test event. SubDAO Beta 1.0 will be launched on the Ethereum mainnet first, and the other two networks will be gradually launched during the test period. Users can use all features of SubDAO Beta 1.0 on the Ethereum mainnet, and 50 testers will be selected to be the first to test the upgraded SubDAO Ventures DAO Beta.
- On September 1st, a sharing session focused on identifying the importance of DAOs to NFTs. It can be said that NFTs provide users with a way to mark and hold digital assets on the blockchain while maintaining authenticity, while DAOs provide a new way of organizing.
- On September 5th, SubDAO collected nearly two weeks of global DAO information for users.
Link: https://subdao.medium.com/subdao-news-bi-weekly-update-on-the-world-of-daos- 56fa31c8d490
- On September 16th, after strict screening, SubDAO selected 50 users who could test SubDAO Beta 1.0. The list was announced on social media. Link:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iGXvBnwIzTMcwuM0rCkeY4mBzbOJ0Rk30ehOv1HrnPY/edit? usp=sharing
- On September 19th, SubDAO collected DAO information for users for the past two weeks.
Q4 is planned to release SubDAO Beta 2.0 and actively carry out marketing activities.
Technical upgrades and optimizations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ventures DAO Template upgrade
- Development of SubDAO SDK for optimizing front-end interaction of DAOs in connecting to third-party web3 protocols
- New “sub-DAO system,” sub-DAO is limited to the parent DAO for asset-related decisions
- Integration with other web3 protocols, such as mirror
- Modularization of certain specific DAO functions
- Optimize the parameter setting of DAO creation, fundraising, redemption, and other functions
- Optimize and adjust the DAO functions corresponding to the “multi-signature system” and “voting system
- Add Holders’ voting rights. The proposal selected by “Holders’ vote” needs to be approved by the Holders’ vote before it can be executed
- Add more DAO settings, such as hidden functions, etc.
- New version UI style
Other Plans (TBD)
Restarting SubDAO Chrome middleware to allow access to the full functionality of the SubDAO DApp via Twitter, including the ability to create, fundraise, publish proposals, vote, and other integrated third-party DeFi protocols, etc.
SubDAO is a multi-chain DAO protocol that help manage digital assets through multi-signature, voting and other various decentralized features. SubDAO is committed to providing a general and widely applicable DAO tool in venture capital and digital assets management field.
The founding team of SubDAO is composed of the former Technical Team leader of the IBM Group and many early well-known developers. SubDAO has completed multi-million dollar financing from dozens of institutions including Hypersphere, Huobi Ventures, OKEx Blockdream Fund, CMS, Signum as well as investment by Messari founder Ryan Selkis.