In the past two months, we upgraded a new version of UI for our dApp and added a new multi-signature mechanism to DAO contracts. Additionally, we have done some integration work, including protocols such as Uniswap, Aave, and Wallet Connect. These protocols will help our Ventures DAO members to carry out on-chain interactions with third-party platforms. We have submitted our codes to a third-party auditor for external audits and are waiting for the final audit report. Below are details of the development.
User Interface (UI) Upgrade
We have upgraded the UI to be simpler to facilitate easy understanding; similarly, the new UI version is convenient to use and easy to navigate. To achieve this, we changed some superfluous parameters to defaults while adding more prompt texts and valuable features.
New UI & Features Updates
- Changed the UI layout structure as follows: Top: information bar, Bottom left: navigation, and Bottom right: display bar.
- Added charts for “visualization of asset change” statistics.
- Added charts to track the progress of new deposits.
- Added more hover tips.
- Added more shortcuts to trace transaction hash.
- Added more pop-up instructions in multiple contract interactions such as Ventures DAO deployment, deposit and redemption, and provided shortcut keys for transaction hash trace ability.
- Simplified the Ventures DAO creation page and changed the required configuration to a side-by-side format.
- Changed the UI of the following functions to pop-up windows: Transfer (Token, NFT), Buy/Sell NFT, Super Manager, Management fee pool, and Add/Remove manager
- Updated the UI of the Swap function, adding more parameters and hints, enabling closer access to the Uniswap native interaction page
- Added “Handle” function to facilitate the positioning of specific DAOs
- Added “Like” function, easy to find common DAOs
- Added “My Tokens” list, easy to view Equity Token held
- Added function to modify basic info and off-chain investment
- Default voting period and execution.
DAO voting period is changed to 24 hours by default. After a proposal has passed, it will automatically enter the “Executable Queue,” eliminating the need for DAO members to wait for the expiration of the voting period.
Designed several UI pages:
- In relation to the new addition of “Wallet Connect,” which facilitates interaction between DAO and third-party dApp
- UI page for multi-signature queue
- UI history page, etc.
Part of the UI is shown below:
- Carried out optimization upgrades for the BSC test network.
- Migrated test network to Polygon Testnet and tested some functions.
- Completed DAO vault support for ERC721, ERC1155, and other NFT protocols.
- Conducted internal security review for DAO Ventures contract, found some security risk points, and finished fixing them after analyzing the defects according to the checklist.
- Evaluated Rinkeby test network to access OpenSea for NFT transactions.
- Completed The Graph data synchronization and supported the front-end search function.
- Completed SubDAO data statistics tool to realize contract interaction statistics capability.
- External code audit:
- Compiled over 6,000 lines of contract code and submitted it to a third-party auditor for security audit
- Analyzed the first “feedback” from the auditor on June 20
- Completed two more rounds of technical discussions with the auditor, including an online meeting.
- The external audit is in the final stage, awaiting the final audit report from the auditor.
- After the audit is completed, the main network deployment will be carried out. we expect to receive the final audit report from the auditor within July.
- Added a new multi-signature mechanism into the DAO vault, which will complement the “voting mechanism” and serve some specific functions in DAO contracts
- Integrated Wallet Connect Protocol and completed on-chain interaction testing between SubDAO and Gem, a NFT market platform.
- Completed the preparatory work of Aave contract integration.
After the integration is complete, users can deposit vault funds into Aave for lending and borrowing actions through the multi-signature mechanism or authorize the Ventures DAO manager to operate independently through the voting mechanism.
- Completed the integration of UniSwap and optimized the configuration of related parameters
SubDAO’s Ventures DAO Template Testnet Event has ended with over 80,000 test records. Due to the large percentage of users with the same score, the rewards were unevenly distributed. To ensure the fairness of the campaign rewards, SubDAO Labs has added an additional 10,000 GOV rewards, and the total prize pool of the test campaign has been adjusted to 110,000 GOV.
On May 22nd, SubDAO held the second “Venture DAO” educational event in the community to help users understand the concept more comprehensively and better appreciate the significance of SubDAO products.
The series of educational events is an activity that SubDAO insists on doing. On June 6, SubDAO took users through the structure and governance model of DAOs, gaining an in-depth understanding of the structure and governance model of DAOs and comparing them to the centralized model so that users can more fully understand their capabilities.
On June 17, SubDAO started its session as scheduled, focusing on the practical implications that DAO can bring to the physical world.
On June 22, SubDAO conducted a series of product research activities and asked users, “What features would you like to see added in the next version of Ventures DAO.”
On June 4, SubDAO and SlowMist entered into a partnership, and the new SubDAO product has been submitted and is now undergoing a security audit by SlowMist.
SubDAO is a multi-chain DAO protocol. It allows any decentralized organization to swiftly create and manage DAOs. We are committed to serving as a Web3.0 entry by providing blockchain-based digital agreement signing, DAO social networking, asset management, and other tools and services.
The founding team of SubDAO is composed of the former Technical Team leader of the IBM Group and many early well-known developers from Polkadot. SubDAO has completed multi-million dollar financing from dozens of institutions including Hypersphere, Huobi Ventures, OKEx Blockdream Fund, as well as investment by Messari founder Ryan Selkis.