As we reflect on the past year, we are filled with gratitude for our loyal community members who have supported us every step of the way. Your input, feedback, and activity have been integral to us, helping SubDAO develop unique DAO products that solve problems in the Web3 world and beyond.
Without your support, we could not have achieved such remarkable success over the past year. Yes, we are proud to say that 2022 is OUR BEST YEAR YET, and we are so grateful to have you behind us as part of our community. Indeed, we couldn’t have made it this far without you; we recognize your efforts and appreciate them.
We look forward to expanding and upgrading our existing products to suit your needs and creating more tools that allow you to participate easily in DAO governance.
Thank you for being a part of our journey. Here’s to a greater and more successful 2023 🥂
2022 In Brief
With a packed roadmap and much to achieve, we started the year brightly, launching the SubDAO dApp- a product that enabled multiple users to participate in blockchain-based venture capital, organizing fundraisers, managing assets garnered, investing them, and distributing profits and returns.
SubDAO DAO dApp made Web3 governance seamless; users didn’t need to worry about infrastructure, such as building or maintaining a dApp. All they had to do was follow the template and establish a set of rules which could be constantly reviewed via on-chain and off-chain governance. Additionally, with the SubDAO, several investment DAOs could purchase and store NFTs and link their off-chain investments.
SubDAO achieved multi-chain compatibility, allowing users to access their favorite DAOs from any blockchain network they prefer. As a result, SubDAO achieved compatibility on four major networks, including Moonbeam, Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon.
Sequel to building our dApp on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) ecosystem, we participated in the 4th edition of the BNB chain Most Valuable Builder (MVB) incubation program, where SubDAO was one of seven projects to be shortlisted as winners, as projects that have played a significant role in driving innovation and progress within the BNB Chain and the whole Blockchain industry at large. As a result, we will receive continual support from the BNB chain, which sets apart a $300 million growth fund for all MVB winners.
We understand the enthusiasm of our community members, and we understand that not everyone is well-versed with Web3 elements; hence, we created several educational sessions, including:
- Learn on SubDAO series — Educational blog posts that help community members better understand how DAOs can be utilized in the real world.
- SubDAO News — Bi-weekly updates on the world of DAOs
- Periodical Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions — to discuss with community members, understand their pain points, and answer their questions.
Also importantly, we regularly made upgrades to the SubDAO dApp and wallet, most notably User Interface upgrades for seamless navigation of the dApp, as well as technical upgrades such as adding new dApp and DAO wallet functions or optimizing the existing ones to ensure perfect backend functions. We also carried out monthly security audits (internal and external) to test our codes and smart contracts for bugs and maintain 100% user security.
In the last quarter of 2022, the SubDAO network started developing the Twitter Middleware — A web 2.5 dApp that allows Web 3.0 DAO management from a Web 2.0 platform (Twitter). We created this to onboard more people to web 3.0 technology, particularly DAOs. With the Twitter middleware, users can perform the core functions of the SubDAO dApps from Twitter, helping them carry out DAO governance on interfaces they are used to, especially for users who feel like the SubDAO dApp is too sophisticated.
In December 2022, we launched the long-awaited GOV token; hence, people could claim their airdrops; we are also developing more use cases for our protocol to ensure that the GOV token remains indubitably valuable.
We understand your importance. Yes, you, our community members. Hence, while launching and testing our products, we created rewards worth over $200,000 to incentivize community members for testing our products, giving us feedback, and helping us build the perfect dApp. We can assure you of more rewards in 2023, as we hope for your continued support. Thank you!
Where We Are
Below are significant highlights of our achievements in 2022
- Launched the Ventures DAO template, where 1,000+ DAO communities were created.
- Distributed over $200,000 in community rewards : $150,000 in Polygon public beta test event; $22,000 in Binance Smart Chain (BSC) beta test event; Additional $10,750 rewards for BNB chain DAO participants. $13,000 in SubDAO Beta 1.0 Internal testing event.
- … and many more bonuses, rewards, giveaways, and community events.
- Emerged joint winner in BNB Chain Most Valuable Builder (MVB) IV incubation program — set to benefit from a $300 million development fund.
- Got externally audited by Slow Fog Technologies.
- Entered strategic partnerships with Moonbeam and other projects.
- Launched SubDAO educational series: Learn on SubDAO, SubDAO bi-weekly News.
- Launched SubDAO Twitter Middleware V2.
- Launched GOV token, which is now tradeable on Gate.io, MEXC, and Hotbit.
With your help, we have achieved these and more, becoming choice service providers for DAO products. Thank you for making it possible!
Where We Aim To Be
We look forward to a fruitful and eventful year, aiming to complete our existing products and launch new ones.
To achieve this, we plan to:
- Complete and release the Twitter Middleware.
- Optimize DAO functions to participate in advanced asset management, such as token swaps and NFT trading, and other advanced DeFi tools, such as borrowing and lending.
- Deploying the SubDAO ink version.
- Launch the SubDAO Metaverse — A gamified community DAO governance that uses a gaming ecosystem to estimate community members’ contributions and distribute rewards accordingly. 27% of GOV tokens are reserved for the long-term incentives of the SubDAO metaverse. Learn more
- Release our Software Development Kit (SDK) to allow other projects to build more tools on our existing infrastructure.
- Enable Cross-chain capabilities within DAO products via our existing multi-chain capabilities.
- Collaborate with Web3 projects, traditional projects, and global ambassadors to increase our reach.
We also plan to regularly update and upgrade our existing products to maintain compatibility with Web3 trends and satisfy your feedback. We’ll continually do our best to onboard existing traditional organizations to Web3 DAOs and encourage the creation of new blockchain-based organizations.
SubDAO is a DAO infrastructure that helps manage digital assets through middleware, multi-sig, and other decentralized features.
We are dedicated to providing universal and widely applicable DAO tools in venture capital and other fields. To achieve this, we have launched several products, including the SubDAO ventures DAO template in dApp and Middleware versions.
The goal is to ease the process of creating global, decentralized organizations that can engage in decentralized decision-making to achieve a common goal like maximizing profits, building new technologies, and living in the future with Web 3.0
Indeed, many DAO tools are out there, but we uniquely offer
- Ease of use: Powered by simple, straightforward dApps and Middleware, helping you to access DAO tools from anywhere.
- Dynamism: Facilitated with multi-chain and cross-chain capabilities that provide a non-restrictive approach to DAO governance.
- Incentives: We have set out a massive part of our tokens for community incentives to reward everyone who participates in and play a role in developing our products.
Additionally, we continually benefit from multi-million dollar financing from dozens of institutions, including Messari founder Ryan Selkis, Binance, Hypersphere Ventures, OKX Ventures, Huobi Ventures, CMS Holdings, Divergence Ventures, FBG, Signum Capital, NGC Ventures, Kenetic Capital, Gate.io Labs, etc.
With tremendous financial and infrastructural support from these institutions, and our esteemed community, we have a strong backbone, and success is undisputed.
Once more, we want to express our heartfelt appreciation for your support and loyalty. Your contributions have been invaluable and have played a vital role in our growth and success.
As we look towards the future, we are committed to providing improved services that help you create decentralized organizations on the blockchain in the easiest way possible. We are dedicated to delivering the most seamless experience, enabling you to participate in DAO governance via Web 2.0 platforms, a gamified ecosystem, and across several chains.
We foresee an even brighter future in 2023, and we would want nothing more than for you to be a part of it.
Thank you again for your support, and here’s another cheer to an amazing year! 🥂
SubDAO is a DAO infrastructure that helps manage digital assets through middleware, multi-sig, and other decentralized features. SubDAO has completed multi-million dollar financing from dozens of institutions, including Messari founder Ryan Selkis, Hypersphere Ventures, OKX Ventures, Huobi Ventures, CMS Holdings, Divergence Ventures, FBG, Signum Capital, NGC Ventures, Kenetic Capital, Gate.io Labs, etc.
Follow Twitter https://twitter.com/subdao_network